Category Archives: The Leaky Faucet
Maintenance tips and tricks for apartment living.
Most of us only think about our electrical system when it shorts or blows. By then, it’s usually something that requires and electrician and will be costly to repair. Whether we are talking about your home or your place of business, there are some simple things that you can do to make sure you don’t have to call the electrician, or worse, end up with an electrical fire.
- Use surge protectors on all electronics. A surge protector is cheap, especially when compared to the cost of replaces your HDTV because a power surge fried it.
- Don’t overload any one circuit. Be aware of how much power your appliances and electronics need and make sure to spread the demand around to avoid overloading.
- If you lose power to a part of your apartment, be sure to check the breaker box to ensure it didn’t trip. If it still doesn’t work, please call the office to have maintenance check out the problem.
- Be sure to check that all of your smoke detectors are in working order. If it required by statute that you immediately report smoke detector malfunctions to us.
If you have any questions regarding the electrical system please feel free to contact the office, 239.995.1008.
We work diligently to complete all time sensitive requests within 24 hours. There are exceptions to every rule, however, so there are requests that will not be completed within this time frame. For example, we currently have a 3-4 week waiting period for special requests. The following list will give you a general idea of how we schedule work orders.
- Emergency Calls– Excessive water leaking, flooding, smoke detector sounding, fire, etc.
- Urgent Calls – Air conditioning is not working, deadbolt malfunctioning, refrigerator not working, etc.
- Routine Calls – Clogged sink, toilet, or tub, garbage disposal not working, blinds not working, etc.
- Special Requests – This would include any special accommodations or modifications requested which we would complete at our discretion and on our schedule.
Please take into consideration our schedule and keep in mind that this list is used for reference purposes and we may need to rearrange the order of things depending on our workload for the day, including production on vacant apartments. Also note, you will be charged for damages for which you are found liable. The following charges are applicable during occupancy when foreign objects are found which cause unnecessary repair. These charges are due within seven days from the date of an official letter.
- Jammed garbage disposal – foreign object, (per call) – $ 20.00
- Replacement of garbage disposal – foreign object – $100.00
- Plunging & snaking a toilet – $35.00
- Pull Toilet – $75.00
- (Labor will also be charged at $25.00 per hour, per man to complete the job)
- Lock out fee after office hours – $35.00
- Replace lock – $45.00
- Replace key – $3.00
- Trash (per bag) left in hallway, laundry room, or found outside – $25.00
- Mail found on grounds (per item) – $5.00
- Broken window – $100.00
- Window screens – $25.00
- Pet Waste fine (failure to pick up after your dog) each occurrence – $50.00
- Illegal vehicles – $50 per occurrence – subject to towing at owner’s expense
- Illegal parking – $50 per occurrence
If you have any questions regarding maintenance requests, please feel free to contact the office at 239.995.1008.